1.Books supplied by post are subject to the “Distance Selling” regulations (the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2014, SI 2013/3134, which are the result of an EU directive). Sales can be cancelled and the book returned within 14 days, and a full refund thus obtained. Full details are supplied on our invoices.
2. We don’t ordinarily charge for the time we spend dealing with queries from our customers, third parties, public authorities and others. But we reserve the right to do so if we consider that we are asked to spend time in a way which is unreasonable and/or unnecessary. In that event we will, before making a charge, give you notice of our charges and the terms and conditions which apply to these charges.
1. We handle personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). We use personal data only for the purpose of selling Live Law files and dealing with queries from purchasers, and with other matters arising therefrom (including unlawful attempts by non-UK residents to obtain Live Law files).
2. The rights enjoyed by data subjects under the GDPR, in relation to personal data which we hold, can be summarised as follows:
- The right to access their personal data
- The right to have inaccuracies in their personal data corrected
- The right to have their personal data erased
- The right to object to direct marketing based upon their personal data
- The right to restrict the processing (including automated decision-making) of their personal data
- The right to data portability for their personal data
1. Material on this website and in our publications is copyright © Barsby Ltd 2018 onwards, save where indicated.
2. Crown copyright material on this website and in our publications is reproduced pursuant to the UK government’s Open Government Licence v3.0.